Homemade edible gifts can be a wonderful present idea, inexpensive, eco-friendly but full of personality and love! We’ve compiled our very favourite festive homemade goodies that are guaranteed to wow your loved ones.
Here are our top 10 ideas for the perfect homemade gift!
- Chocolate truffles; Try making these delicious and decadent treats. With endless flavour possibilities and a real luxury taste, no one will guess how quick and easy they are to make! Even better these are easily made vegan too. Check out the recipe link below to please any chocoholic.
- Homemade fudge; Why not make a gift of this indulgent fudge? You can vary it with a whole host of festive flavours our favourites are salted maple pecan, boozy Irish cream and classic chocolate orange! If you prefer to keep things simple, follow the simple and easy recipe below for Vanilla fudge www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3148690/vintage-vanilla-fudge
- Christmas cookies or biscuits are a fab way of getting the kids involved in the kitchen, a simple shortbread recipe can be flavoured with pretty much anything and cut into exciting Christmas themed shapes.
- Why not try using your homemade biscuits or gingerbread as edible tree decorations? Poke a small whole in the top of your shaped biscuits before cooling and once cooled thread some decorative ribbon through, easy!
- Festive jams and spices: We all love a cheeseboard at Christmas so how about making your own homemade chutneys or savoury jam to accompany this. We love traditional red onion marmalade, sweet and delicious with your favourite cheese, these will also go beautifully with our Thyme cracker recipe, you can follow along with our simple video tutorial.
- Infused oils: Take a good quality virgin olive oil or cold pressed rapeseed oil and infuse with a variety of culinary herbs, place them in sterilized mason jars and you have a lovely gift which can be used not only at Christmas but year-round. A great way to use up left over herbs after your Christmas dinner! We found some lovely hints and tricks over at theherbalacademy.com
- Homemade mulled gin: If you saw last weeks blog where we shared a delicious mulled gin recipe, why not bottle this up in miniatures and share the love with friends and family! Easy and cheap to make, as well as super tasty and perfect for the colder months.
- Homemade hot chocolate jars: This is possibly my favourite one of all! Simply layer a lovely mason jar with a good quality coco, a mix of delicious warming spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg etc and top with marshmallows. You can then decorate the jar with cinnamon sticks or Christmas ribbon & a gift tag with instructions on how to serve! Which couldn’t be simpler all you need to do is add hot milk to the jar and shake! Perfect! This can easily be made vegan by using oat milk and vegan marshmallows.
- Mince Pies: We couldn’t create a list of edible Christmas gifts without including the nations favourite festive bake! Nothing gets us in the Christmas spirit more than a warm mince pie and mulled cider (follow our recipe over on the blog!) We found a great recipe over at Vegan food and Living www.veganfoodandliving.com/vegan-mince-pies If you check out their wedding feature you may also be able to see some of our recipes featured!
- We may well have left the best until last, How better to treat yourself than to indulge in a luxury Christmas dinner, delivered straight to your door on Christmas eve ready for you to finish off with minimal effort on Christmas day, Although we wont be arriving by sleigh we may well bring the best gift of all, extra time to spend with loved ones, and a delicious feast to devour. Want to find out more, head over to our Website and let the magic happen.
Want to find out what out more about our Christmas dinner delivery? Next weeks blog features further details on this amazing service as well as reviews from last years lucky customers.