As many couples will know, imagining and creating the perfect day can be extremely stressful.
The sheer amount of organisation involved can turn into what feels like a full-time job.
Liaising with all the suppliers you’ve hired, listening to the demands of family members and trying to keep within a budget can feel very overwhelming – even though it’s your wedding and you want to enjoy the run-up.
So, in an effort to bring a little harmony to the proceedings, check out our top tips to keep calm in the lead up to your big day:
- Share. The old saying “a problem shared is a problem halved” is truly powerful. Talking to loved ones about your worries can help put everything into perspective and usually makes everything seem a little more manageable.
- Workout. Getting active will increase your overall health and wellbeing which will put a pep in your step each day. Physical activity creates endorphins (the happy hormone) which will help you feel good and relieve stress at the same time! Whatever it is that you love, be it walking, running or yoga, it’s important to take time out for yourselves to do something that you want to do.
- Journal. One of the biggest stresses in the organisation process can be the feeling that you have forgotten something important. Writing lists, or keeping a journal of your ideas, can help to organise your thoughts. There are also great resources on line with check lists to keep track of everything in the lead up to your wedding day.
- Delegate. Divide and conquer the preparation! Your wedding is a celebration for you both – therefore it’s good to share the responsibility of planning the big day. Also, your nearest and dearest friends and family will want to help, so make sure you get them involved! Most of them would be honoured to be a part of your special day and passing on some small tasks will help to lighten the load on yourselves as well as involving the people who really care about you.
- Prioritise self-care. We all want to go into the day feeling and looking our best, so this tip is key. Whatever this means to you (music, yoga, walking etc.), taking time for yourself is the best way to recharge.
- Date night. This is a special milestone in your lives and the stress of organising it can put a strain on your relationship, it is easy to get caught up and forget the romance. Take the time to enjoy the journey together, putting some dedicated time aside for just the two of you and remind yourselves why you are getting married.
Stay positive, work hard and make it happen just the way you want it to.